El Paso Electric
EPE retained the services of DYONYX to perform a cooperative technical examination and assessment of various aspects of the current technical environment considered by leadership to be of high importance and worthy of focus.
DYONYX: Offering Deliverables-Based IT Services to Texas
DYONYX is committed to public service initiatives in the Texas with lasting impact. DYONYX contracted with the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) to offer creative, deliverables-based IT solutions (DBITS) to DIR customers facing an upgrade, migration and transformation of their IT infrastructures. Learn more about the terms of the contract and ordering instructions, our DYONYX services, the DIR Cooperative Contracts Program and how to contact us.
DBITS Contract Information
Technology Categories & Service Specifications:
A. Customer Price
Customers purchasing services under this Contract shall negotiate pricing directly with the Vendor in accordance with the Customer's Statement of Work.
DIR ICT Cooperative Contracts
Instructions for Obtaining Quotes and Placing Purchase Orders
When a DIR Customer identifies a need for deliverables-based services within one of the technology categories the following process takes place:
1. Customer drafts an initial Statement of Work (SOW) that may be sent to one or more Vendors for that category. Each SOW, which should be unique and distinct for each project, must describe the deliverables, the acceptance criteria and the service levels. For further clarification of the kind of the minimum requirements expected when describing deliverables, acceptance criteria and service levels, download the sample SOW template [PDF, 55KB].
2. The selected Vendor and Customer then work together to complete the SOW and negotiate pricing in accordance with the SOW. Customer also has the discretion to evaluate responses from other Vendors during this process.
3. Once both sides negotiate and agree, project requirements and pricing are memorialized by a final SOW that is signed by the authorized representative of both parties. The value of any one SOW may not exceed $10 million, including all renewals, extensions and change orders.
4. Customer issues a purchase order (PO) based on the negotiated specifications in accordance with the SOW, and Vendor begins work upon receipt of PO. Vendor then invoices Customer.
SOWs can be sent in a variety of ways: via email, fax or regular mail. Standard Terms and Conditions.
Please contact us to learn more. Download a SOW template [PDF, 55KB].
Texas DIR: Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Contract Information:
DIR Contract Number: DIR-TSO-2595Infastructure as a Service (IaaS)
The DYONYX High Availability Data Center strategy employs methods which include a combined implementation of physical and virtual equipment in Tier IV data centers (Production in Bryan, Texas and Disaster Recovery in Austin, TX) to provide optimum performance, reduction in physical space, and high availability as common goals. Some of the benefits of the DYONYX data center include:
Military‐grade security with 24x7x365 guards, Biometric & Card Key security for access control and Video Surveillance and Recording;
• Reinforced structure including concrete bollards, steel lined walls, and bulletproof glass;
• Fully redundant power including multiple municipal feeds, multiple diesel powered generators
and redundant UPS;
• Multiple providers of metropolitan area networks (MANs) and Internet access; and
• 100% availability guarantee and bandwidth on demand from 1 Mbps to 1 Gbps;
High availability will be achieved at the internal network level using high level redundancy. Redundant internaldevices (i.e., power supplies, multiple multi-port network cards; redundant network connections) will be implemented to the network infrastructure to achieve fault tolerant failover of aggregate bandwidth to corporate data and redundant storage devices. Additionally, multiple power distribution units per rack will be connected to separate electrical circuits. Each server’s redundant power supply is connected to independent circuits. This level of redundancy will be implemented for physical and virtual devices.
DYONYX deploys redundant virtual machine clusters with automated management processes to dynamically move virtual servers in the event of virtual machine or catastrophic host server failure. Additionally, to help attain server and data high availability, DYONYX will leverage imaging, replication (snapshots), cloning technologies and disk-to-disk-to-disk backup/restore environment to invoke rapid deployment/redeployment instant as well as bare metal recovery.
Service Offerings:Services available under this Contract are limited to those specified in Appendix C, Pricing Index. Vendor (DYONYX) may incorporate changes to their services offering; however, any changes must be within the scope of services awarded based on the DIR issued solicitation on the Comptroller of Public Accounts’ Electronic State Business Daily, Request for Offer (RFO) DIR-SDD-TMP-199, on October 30, 2013, for Cloud Services. Vendor may not add services which were not included in the Vendor’s response to the solicitation.
Appendix A, Standard Terms & Conditions for Services Contracts:
This appendix contains the standard DIR Terms and Conditions for the contract as of the date identified. Any initial exceptions to these Terms will be contained in the original contract. All subsequent changes or updates to the Terms and Conditions will be reflected in contract amendments. Download Standard Terms & Conditions.
Appendix B, Hub Subcontracting Plan:
The purpose of the HUB Program is to promote full and equal business opportunities for all businesses in State contracting in accordance with the goals specified in the State of Texas Disparity Study. The HSP identifies all authorized resellers and/or all subcontractors performing services. Download Hub Subcontracting Plan.
Appendix C, Pricing Index:
Pricing will be in accordance with Appendix C Pricing Index. Pricing includes DIR Administrative Fee. Download Pricing Index.
DYONYX’s State of Texas DIR pricing provided, represents a 5% discount off of our MSRP pricing.
Appendix D, Sample Statement of Work for Cloud Services:
Download an SOW template. Download a copy for review.
Appendix E, Attachment A:
Customer Order Form and Service Description. Download a copy for review.
Appendix E, Attachment B (Service Level Agreement):
The Attachment B covers the following IT support functions as follows:
Electronic and Information Resources (EIR) Accessibility:
Information regarding Electronic and Information Resources (EIR) accessibility of this vendor’s offerings is included in the contract. Agencies purchasing products or services are responsible for complying with Texas EIR Accessibility statute and rules, as defined in TGC 2054 Subchapter M, 1TAC 206, and 1 TAC 213.
DIR Cooperative Contracts Program:
DYONYX offers Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) via contract with DIR under its DIR Cooperative Contracts Program. Find out more about the DIR Cooperative Contracts Program.
1. For product and pricing information, visit the Dyonyx, L.P. website or contact Chuck Orrico at 713-485-7000.
2.Generate a purchase order, made payable to Dyonyx, L.P.. You must reference the DIR Contract Number DIR-TSO-2595 on your purchase order.
E-mail or Fax your purchase order and quote form to your designated DYONYX sales representative.